Tuesday, December 30, 2008

z...girls?

I keep coming across huge links between various ladies fashion blogs and skating. Or the coincidence of creative people and skating. I've recently realised you don't have to look like Tony Alva to be a skater, with the discovery of girls such as Jen from Gnarlitude and model Erin Wasson. And even more surprisingly Australian model Nicole Trunfio. They're all over that shit.

Anyway, the other week I stumbled across a fellow Adelaidean's blog, Trip On This, an insight into his daily life/hangouts/skate sessions/etc etc. I don't know him but I know some of his friends and maybe thats why I like it. And the fact that although I live in the same city I've never seen him, let alone am familiar with some of the places he photographs. How embarrassing for me. Head-hangin'.

To your left you can see a link to yet another skating blog, this time by a team of 8 guys who call themselves Toy Machine. These guys don't seem to have jobs. They just travel a lot, skate a lot, get fucked up a lot, and take a lot of photos of it all. Love it.

Oh and;



Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

EDIT: Nearly forgot Hedi Slimane. Used to design for Dior Homme until he quit last year (Woe!) and is buds with Gus Van Sant. Now, you can see his photography in his online diary. Youth culture at its best.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! i'm slightly famous. it's probably good you haven't seen me before, i imagine meeting me would be pretty disappointing after reading that blog.
the founder/ owner of toy machine ed templeton is a well established photographer and artist. longy has one of his books.