Monday, December 29, 2008

bag lady

Weeks ago I came across this video on Style.com of Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez (Proenza Schouler's amazing design team as of 2002), giving the public a sneak peek at their new PS1 satchel bags. These gorgeous creations have inspired much hubbub amongst the fashion community, with talk of them being a new It Bag, especially with the fact that the boys are currently only giving them to friends of theirs...
The suede candy pink and peach colours made me lose my shit! The whole S/S 09 collection was amazing, with its Alice Dellal inspired hair and colour combinations of black, red, mint green and white. But I'm getting sidetracked here, this post is about bags. Moving on!

Reading my latest issue of RUSSH magazine, I noticed the PS1 mentioned on a page dedicated to satchels. Bliss. Especially that grey suede one by Jerome Dreyfuss. However, I was also reminded of the New Zealand handbag/jewelry brand Deadly Ponies that featured in an article in an earlier RUSSH. This time they were included twice, the little linked satchels in the top right hand corner making me regret spending my Christmas money on anything other than a bag of theirs. 
If you can't afford to even consider buying a PS1 (whispers of $1995!?!) I'm sure you can be satisfied with a Deadly Ponies number. Don't even get me started on their jewelry.

No comments: