Thursday, December 10, 2009

kakihara <3




My boyfriend is all about Japan. He lived there in the first part of this year and I must say, my intake of ramen and takoyaki has doubled since meeting him. He showed me this movie Ichi The Killer the other night and between the gore, rape and torture there was this heavenly scene as gangleader Kakihara runs in slow motion across a rooftop, wearing a holographic pink and aqua suit over a heavily sequinned lace shirt. The suit moved like a shiny lava lamp.
It spoke to me. Seriously.

2 comments:

an92 said...

I love Japanese culture as well. Will attempt at checking out this movie :)

yui said...

michiko kitamura designed the costumes, ive seen most of the movies shes worked for just for the costumes.. i remember she said in her book that she made the sheer sparkly mesh shirt out of stockings!