Saturday, May 30, 2009

P. Melba

The woman in the images in my last post is Jade Sarita Arnott, the designer and creator of the Australian label Arnsdorf. Myself and a friend went to Melbourne recently for a weekend and were lucky enough to come across her pieces in Alice Euphemia and various Fat stores in the CBD. Although I was aiming to buy the pink shirt Jade wears in the photo below, I couldn't pass up the chance to make this coat mine:



I'm having the black version sent over in the next two weeks. Its black cashmere with two sets of arm holes- it can be worn as a coat with the arm holes loose, tied at the front or tied at the back, or as a jacket with the rest of the coat rolled into a large collar around my neck. Can't wait. I'll post photos of it on when I geddit.

(Other highlights of the Melbourne trip: Lanvin sneakers and Viktor & Rolf at Marais, Rick Owens and Maison Martin Margiela in the flesh at Zambesi, trying on Tom Binns cuffs and drooling over Lanvin jewelery at Christine, Shu Uemura beauty counter visits, the shining beacon that was Alphaville on otherwise boring shopping strips, Claude Maus and Louise shoe shops. Oh and living off of Krispy Cremes, duck and late night bubble tea in Chinatown. Goodtimes.)

No comments: